(Registration is now closed)
Say Hi Day
Celebrating 10 Years !
We have been celebrating Say Hi Day in schools across Waterloo Region since 2007. Students from JK to Grade 12 are encouraged to say hi to each other and participate in a variety of activities on this day as a way to promote belonging, inclusion, respect and kindness.
Why Say Hi?
“Say Hi Day has had a positive impact on our school and builds an inclusive community for our students.”
Students will get to know each other, feel connected to their school and as a result create a safer school community.
- Get to know each other
- Understand each other
- Be inclusive of each other
- Connect with each other
- SayHiPoster-Original (11×17)
- Say Hi Poster-Girl (11×17)
- Say Hi Poster – Hellos (11×17)
- Say Hi Bookmark
- Teacher’s Guide
Say Hi Day Activities
Our Teacher’s Guide provides simple ideas for you to include Say Hi Day activities into your existing curriculum. Here are some additional activities:
- Learn to Say Hi in any language
- Say HI bubbles for photos (prop) (printable pdf)
- Say Hi Day Activities (printable pdf)
- Say Hi Word Find (printable pdf)
- Say Hi Matching Game (printable pdf)
- Hello Flashcards (printable pdf)
The Say Hi School campaign is designed to promote safety & inclusion within the school community. The WRCPC does not promote or endorse students speaking to strangers outside of the school. This is intended to be a campaign within the school only.