Unfortunately, the WRCPC will not be initiating the Say Hi Day campaign in the schools in 2017 but we would like to encourage the schools to use the resources below to celebrate the day.
Say Hi Day
We have been celebrating Say Hi Day in schools across Waterloo Region since 2007. Students from JK to Grade 12 are encouraged to say hi to each other and participate in a variety of activities on this day as a way to promote belonging, inclusion, respect, and kindness.
Why Say Hi?
“Say Hi Day has had a positive impact on our school and builds an inclusive community for our students.”
Students will get to know each other, feel connected to their school and as a result create a safer school community.
- Get to know each other
- Understand each other
- Be inclusive of each other
- Connect with each other
- SayHiPoster-Original (11×17)
- Say Hi Poster-Girl (11×17)
- Say Hi Poster – Hellos (11×17)
- Say Hi Bookmark
- Teacher’s Guide
Say Hi Day Activities
Our Teacher’s Guide provides simple ideas for you to include Say Hi Day activities into your existing curriculum. Here are some additional activities:
- Learn to Say Hi in any language
- Say HI bubbles for photos (prop) (printable pdf)
- Say Hi Day Activities (printable pdf)
- Say Hi Word Find (printable pdf)
- Say Hi Matching Game (printable pdf)
- Hello Flashcards (printable pdf)
The Say Hi School campaign is designed to promote safety & inclusion within the school community. The WRCPC does not promote or endorse students speaking to strangers outside of the school. This is intended to be a campaign within the school only.