Turn the Page book club!
This October we invite you to join us in reading our first book selection “This is not my life” together as a community, then join us for an evening with author Diane Schoemperlen on Thursday, November 3, 2016.
- Read the book “This is not my life” on your own throughout October
- Discuss the book’s themes with friends or your own book club using our Reading Guide
- Register to let us know you’re reading along by October 26 for the chance to win passes to the Wild Writer’s Festival.
- Join the community conversation with the author on November 3
This Is Not My Life is Canadian writer Diane Schoemperlen’s memoir of her long-term relationship with a prison inmate. The story of their relationship covers tough issues tied into root causes of crime, such as family violence, sexual violence, and problematic substance use. Listen to interviews with Diane on CBC’s the Current or TVO.
Where to Get the Book:
- Available at local libraries: KPL, WPL & ROW
- Purchase at Words Worth Books (mention Turn the Page Book Club to receive a 20% discount on this book purchase) Also available as an e-book
- WRCPC has a limited number of copies to lend out. Email Sarah for information.
Disclaimer: WRCPC presents public education & engagement opportunities with the goal of increasing dialogue about crime prevention. This does not comprise an endorsement by the WRCPC or any of its members of the content or the presenters’ views. WRCPC believes that courageous exploration of complex social issues builds community.
Turn the Page Book Club supporters: